Tuesday 10 May 2016

Cooking Contest

Tuesday, 23 Spring:  Hanna at my house at 6.00 a.m.

Hanna: Gooood morning, Freyashawk!  Today is our town's Cooking Contest!  Participants get scored on the dishes that they enter, and the highest score wins!  If you want to compete, talk to me between 10 a.m. and 2.59 p.m.!  I'll be in the town square.  Hope you'll take part, Freyashawk!  In one file, Hunter appeared immediately after this in my house to tell me a chick had hatched.  Named it Glimmer... when I loaded a different file, the chick did not hatch, so it must be somewhaat random.

Went to the Square at 11.00 a.m. and gave Gilbert a Mosuitofish.  Was able to expeirence his third heart event, even though it is Festival day.

It is one of those events where you have to keep speaking to him.

Gilbert:  Ah, it is you, my fine friend!  i am always pleased when my ear you come to bend!  Now I've seen the Skytree with muy own eyes, and know that entrusting that seed to you was wise.  A born wanderer I, with my stories and song, never stop and stay in one place fro long.  If in one place an outsider liners too long nigh, he can set the balance of a community awry.  And yet I struggle at the thought of leaving, parting for a friend like you would be bereaving.  That seed has sent its roots down here... Perhaps I too should settle near...  I feel more stongly that it must be truth, that once I visited here in my youth.  I have the sense that if I say, old memories will see the light of day...

Gilbert's Memory
Got: Arowana: 5

He has 2 Musical Notes here.

I entered a Great Baguette in the contest and won with 1110 points.

As the winner, I get the grand prize.

Got Peridot Ore.
In second place was Iris with 292 points
In third, Tony with 266 points.

Two events:

Cooking Champion
Legengary Cheese: 5

Cooking Participant
Great Cheese 5

With Great Black Bread, would have been 740 points but still would have own.
2nd, tony 353
third iris 295

Great Strawberry Jam: 740  I went with this one...

In second, tony with 362
in third, Iris with 283

The Contest ends after 5.  I can buy stuff from Iris and Sam.  Hanna's Restaurant is open so I can buy from her as well.. I didn[t need the Great Flours to win the contest because I was able to win by making jam with my own Great Strawberry.

Hunter in restaurant:  Well, I ain't much for cookin'  except the basics.  I just marvel at you winnin' that Cookin' Festival.

After speaking to Hunter, I gave him Milk and then when I spoke to him again, I was able to get his next event.

Hunter:  Huh... Y'all came fer some dinner vittles, same as me...?  I ain't inclined to do no fancy cookin' muhself...  And I like places where folks is around...  I meet all kinda folks here, all havin' a good ol' time...  Yup, this is my kind a' waterin' holde.  Foks in good spirits, and that makes me feel right happy...

My choices:

YOu're an oddball, Hunter.
I like how you think.
I wouldn't have guessed....

If I had chosen:  You're an oddball, Hunter...  or 'I wouldn't have guessed...'
Hunter:  Huh.. Well, y'all might be right at that...  I ain't much involved, etc.

I like how you think...
Do y'all now...?
I'm right pleased ta have somebody t'understand muh ferelings  ... I'm more of an animal love type.  But I like havin' human company...  Y'all 're thoughtful 'bout talkin' to me.  An' I enjoy talkin' t'y'lall.  Much obliged...

Hunter at the bar
Great Wool 3

Luke in his house:  You won the Cooking Contest/  Way to go, Freyashawk!

Tony up in the hills tonight:  Um... I thought I was going to do well but you have a real talent for cooking.

Other entires would be:

For Boiled Egg did not even place, so under 300

Grilled Perch would have been worth 1100 Points like the Great Baguette, so could win with that.

Grilled Bluegill would have been worth 1850 points!  How odd!

No comments:

Post a Comment