Monday 30 May 2016

Point Values in Autumn Cooking Contest

 This is a peculiar situation.  It makes sense that the Autumn Cooking Contest, the second of its kind, has higher requirements than the Spring one.  I believe I won with a Fried Egg in that one.  Here, however, there were surprising results.  I do not know if the point values are constant or random, but it appears that they must be set in advance even if random, as I tried again and again and the only dish with sufficient point values to win was the Grilled Bluegill.  Ironically, Grilled Rainbow Trout, made with Great Butter instead of regular Butter, was worth only 1200 Points.

Winning with the Grilled Bluegill at 2000 points, I received an Onyx Ore as a 'grand prize'.  Although every one who participated was supposed to get a prize, I received nothing more, either as winner or even when I was third place or did not place at all...  So the only participation prize is given the first time you enter the Contest which, for me, was in Spring.

Grilled Bluegill: 2000 Points
Got Onyx Ore
Emily 1514 points
Tony: 1359

Great Fried Egg: did not win
Emily 1755 points
Tony: 1684
Iris: 1466

It says every one gets participation prize, but I think that is only the first time you enter.  Got nothing.

Great Meuniere did not win!
1887 Iris won
Tony: 1592
Emily: 1528

Blissful Bread (did not make myself)
1798 Tony
Iris in third with 1376 points... did not even show!

Event ends at 5.00 p.m.  The only dish I had that would get enough points was the Grilled Bluegill, ironically.

If I enter Grilled Rainbow Trout, made with Great Butter, it won't win!  Why does the Grilled Bluegill get more points?  Tony with less than 1700 points won that one.  I got third place with 1200 Points!  How bizarre!


No comments:

Post a Comment